When it comes to choosing the right fitted wardrobe for your child's bedroom, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, think about the size and layout of the room, as well as the amount of storage space you need. Do you need extra drawers for toys or a shoe rack for school shoes? Once you've established your storage needs, you can start thinking about the design of the wardrobe.
For younger children, brightly coloured wardrobes with fun patterns or cartoon characters can add a playful touch to the room. Alternatively, for older children or teenagers, sleek, modern designs with mirrored doors can create a sophisticated and contemporary feel.
When it comes to materials, you can choose from a range of options, including MFC and MDF material,colours and finishes ,glass or even metal. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it's worth considering the pros and cons of each before making your decision. For example, MDF and MFC wardrobes are durable and timeless, while glass or mirrored doors can help to reflect light and make the room feel brighter and more spacious.
If you're not sure where to start when it comes to designing your fitted wardrobe, consider consulting us at Metro wardrobes, our expert team will guide you to the proper solutuon. Metro wardrobes offer a wide range of bespoke fitted wardrobes,Sliding door wardrobes, Opulance wardrobe, Shaker door wardrobe, Hinged Door wardrobe and Loft conversion wardrobe ,our skilled designer can help you create a wardrobe that meets your specific requirements and suits your child's tastes.
Here are some reasons why fitted wardrobes are a great choice for your child's bedroom:
- Fitted wardrobes can be designed to fit the exact dimensions of the room, making the most of the available space. By fitting the wardrobes from floor to ceiling, you'll have plenty of storage space without sacrificing valuable floor space.
Customisable Storage Solutions
- When it comes to organising your child's clothes, toys and books, fitted wardrobes offer a wealth of customisable storage options. From adjustable shelves to pull-out drawers, you can create a bespoke storage solution that fits your child's needs.
- Fitted wardrobes can be designed to complement the existing décor of your child's bedroom. From classic to contemporary designs, you can choose a style that suits your taste and your child's personality.
- Fitted wardrobes are made to last, providing a long-term storage solution for your child's growing needs. Unlike freestanding wardrobes, fitted wardrobes won't wobble or tip over, making them a safer option for young children.
Choosing the Right Fitted Wardrobe
The first step in choosing the right fitted wardrobe is to decide on a style. Do you want a modern or traditional design? Do you want a wardrobe with sliding doors or hinged doors? Do you want a wardrobe with drawers or shelves?
The materials used to build your fitted wardrobe are also important. The most common materials used are MFC, MDF, and finishes. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it's important to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
3. Size and Configuration
When it comes to fitted wardrobes, size matters. Before you order a fitted wardrobe, you should measure your child's room to ensure that the wardrobe will fit comfortably. You should also consider the configuration of the wardrobe. How many drawers and shelves do you need? Do you want hanging space for clothes or a dedicated space for shoes?
Finally, you should consider any accessories that you may want to add to your fitted wardrobe. These could include things like lighting, mirrors, or even a built-in desk.
Q: How much does it cost to install fitted wardrobes in a child's bedroom?
A: The cost of fitted wardrobes will depend on the size, design and materials used. It's best to get a quote from a professional installer.
Q: Can I design my own fitted wardrobe?
A: Yes, many companies offer bespoke fitted wardrobes, allowing you to customise the design to fit your specific needs and taste.
Q: Are fitted wardrobes easy to maintain?
A: Yes, fitted wardrobes are relatively low-maintenance. Simply wipe down the doors and shelves with a damp cloth and avoid using harsh chemicals.
Tips for Maintaining Fitted Wardrobes:
- Regular Cleaning: It's important to keep your fitted wardrobes clean to maintain their appearance and longevity. You can use a soft cloth or a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt from the wardrobe's surfaces and shelves.
- Avoid Overloading: Fitted wardrobes are designed to hold a certain amount of weight. It's important to avoid overloading the wardrobe with too many items, as this can cause damage to the wardrobe's structure.
- Proper Use: When opening and closing the wardrobe doors, it's important to handle them carefully to avoid any damage. You should also avoid slamming the doors shut, as this can cause damage to the hinges and frame.
- Check for Damages: Regularly check your fitted wardrobes for any signs of damage, such as cracks, scratches or loose screws. If you notice any damages, it's important to address them promptly to prevent further damage.
Fitted wardrobes offer a practical and stylish storage solution for your child's bedroom. By maximising space, customising storage options and enhancing the room's aesthetics, fitted wardrobes can transform a cluttered and chaotic space into a peaceful and organised sanctuary for your child. With a wide range of designs and materials available, you can create a bespoke wardrobe that fits your child's needs and complements the rest of the room's décor. So why not invest in a fitted wardrobe by Metro wardrobes for your child's bedroom today and enjoy the benefits for years to come? Book a Free Design visit today.