We'll take you through the steps to enhance your fitted wardrobe and transform it into a practical haven for your clothes and accessories with Metro wardrobes.
Adding drawers and shelving to your fitted wardrobe can greatly enhance its functionality and storage capacity. With a few simple steps, you can transform your wardrobe into a well-organized space that maximizes its potential. Here are some tips to help you get started on this exciting project.
Firstly, assess the available space inside your fitted wardrobe and determine the dimensions for the drawers and shelves. Consider the items you plan to store and their sizes to ensure you create compartments that accommodate them perfectly. Make sure to choose materials that are durable and can withstand the weight of your belongings, our expert team at Metro wardrobes will guide you for the same.
Our Installation team from Metro wardrobes will begin by installing the drawer runners inside the wardrobe. These runners will provide the necessary support for the drawers to glide smoothly in and out. Measure the height at which you want the drawers to sit and attach the runners accordingly.
Once the drawer runners are securely in place, assemble the drawers using the wooden boards. Cut the boards to the desired sizes and attach them using screws and brackets. They will make sure the drawers fit snugly within the wardrobe and slide effortlessly along the runners.
For the shelves, our team will measure the width and depth of the wardrobe space and cut the wooden boards accordingly. Attach brackets to the walls of the wardrobe at the desired height, ensuring they are level. Place the shelves on top of the brackets and secure them in place with screws.
After adding the drawers and shelves, take the time to organize your belongings in a systematic manner. Consider using storage boxes, dividers, or baskets to keep smaller items neatly arranged. This will help you make the most of the available space and easily locate your belongings when needed.
Remember to regularly declutter your wardrobe and reassess your storage needs. By periodically reviewing the items you keep and making adjustments to your drawers and shelves, you can maintain an organized and efficient wardrobe.
Adding drawers and shelving to your fitted wardrobe is a fantastic way to optimize its functionality and make the most of your storage space. By following these steps and customizing the compartments to suit your needs, you can create a well-organized wardrobe that brings order and convenience to your daily routine. Moreover, it's essential to consider the aesthetics of your fitted wardrobe when adding drawers and shelving. Opt for materials , colours and finishes that complement the existing design, ensuring a cohesive and visually appealing result. You can choose from a variety of options, such as wooden finishes, glass panels, or even decorative handles, to add a touch of style to your wardrobe.
Additionally, think about incorporating lighting into your fitted wardrobe. Installing LED lights inside the drawers or under the shelves can illuminate your belongings, making it easier to find what you need, especially during those early mornings or late nights.
Don't forget to personalise your fitted wardrobe to reflect your unique preferences and needs. Consider adding additional features like pull-out hanging rack for convenient footwear storage. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and tailor your wardrobe to suit your lifestyle from our expert designing team from Metro wardrobes.
Assess Your Wardrobe's Layout and Measurements:
- Before starting the installation process, carefully assess your fitted wardrobe's layout and take accurate measurements. This step ensures that the drawers and shelving you add will fit seamlessly into your existing space.
Select the Right Drawer System:
- There are various drawer systems available, including, pull-out shelves and traditional drawers. Choose the option that best suits your storage needs and complements the overall aesthetic of your fitted wardrobe.
Measure and Install the Drawers:
- Measure the height, width, and depth of your wardrobe space to determine the dimensions for the drawers. When installing the drawers, ensure they are aligned and operate smoothly. Consider adding drawer dividers to further enhance organization.
Plan Your Shelving Configuration:
- Decide on the type and quantity of shelves you want to add. Adjustable shelves are recommended as they allow flexibility for storing different items. Take into account the height and spacing between each shelf to accommodate various clothing and accessories.
Install the Shelving:
- Following your planned configuration, install the shelving securely inside the wardrobe. Use appropriate brackets and fixings to ensure stability and weight-bearing capacity.
Organize and Declutter:
- Now that your drawers and shelves are in place, it's time to organize and declutter your wardrobe. Sort your clothing and accessories by category and create designated spaces for each. Consider using storage containers and dividers to further optimize the space.
Consider Lighting Options:
- To further enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your fitted wardrobe, consider adding lighting. LED strip lights or can be installed inside the wardrobe to illuminate the drawers and shelves, making it easier to find and access your belongings.
Personalize with Accessories:
- Add a personal touch to your fitted wardrobe by incorporating accessories.Install a drawer for tie or a shoe rack to keep your accessories neatly organized. These small additions can make a big difference in maximizing the space and convenience of your wardrobe.
Maintain and Clean Regularly:
- Once you have transformed your fitted wardrobe with drawers and shelving, it's essential to maintain its cleanliness and organization. Regularly declutter and remove items you no longer need. Wipe down the surfaces and vacuum any debris that may accumulate. By keeping your wardrobe clean and tidy, you'll ensure it remains a functional and enjoyable space.
- If you're in need of design ideas or inspiration, there are plenty of resources available. Browse home improvement magazines, book a free visit to Metro wardrobes furniture showrooms, or explore online platforms dedicated to interior design. You might come across innovative solutions or creative storage ideas that can take your fitted wardrobe to the next level.
Q1: Can I add drawers and shelving to any fitted wardrobe?
A1: In most cases, yes. As long as you have enough space and access inside your fitted wardrobe, you can enhance it with drawers and shelving.
Q2: Do I need professional help for installation?
A2: If you have basic DIY skills and the necessary tools, you can install drawers and shelving yourself. However, if you're unsure or lack confidence, it's always recommended to seek professional assistance.
Q3: Can I change the configuration of drawers and shelves later?
A3: Yes, one of the advantages of using adjustable systems is the ability to reconfigure them as your storage needs change over time.
The addition of drawers and shelving to your fitted wardrobe elevates its functionality, storage capacity, and overall aesthetic. With careful planning and thoughtful design choices, you can create a well-organised space that effortlessly accommodates your belongings. Embrace the possibilities and embark on this transformative journey to unlock the full potential of your fitted wardrobe. Transforming your fitted wardrobe with drawers and shelving can revolutionise its functionality and storage capacity. Visit Metro wardrobes to explore more wardrobe organization solutions and discover the possibilities for transforming your living space.